Technics SL-1200GR2 turntable
The new SL-1200GR2/SL-1210GR2 from Technics sets new standards. The quality of the motor control signal reaches a level of precision that has never been achieved before and ensures a music experience that makes audiophile hearts beat faster.
In the past, the motor control signal was generated using an analog RF oscillator. But in 2016, a new era of turntables came onto the market with the SL-1200GAE, accompanied by improved motor control technology. This was based on digital PWM signal generation and led to a drastic improvement in rotation precision and reduction in motor vibrations. But here too there was room for further optimization.
The innovation of the 'GR2' generation lies in the use of delta-sigma (?S) modulation for motor control, a technology that is already successfully used in the JENO engine of Technics' fully digital amplifiers. The result – the Delta-Sigma(?S) Drive – is a perfect sine wave that suppresses motor vibrations and improves sensing precision. This technology is a significant breakthrough in suppressing motor resonances that can interfere with the natural resonances of tonearms and cartridges.
The rotation control loop is based on a magnetic-inductive frequency generator and contributes to the exceptional stability of the 'GR2' rotational consistency. The SL-1200GR2/SL-1210GR2's new multi-stage switching power supply uses noise reduction technology found in Technics' SL-1000R reference drive. The result is an exceptionally high signal-to-noise ratio that takes playback quality to a new level.
The proven mechanical design of the predecessor was retained, including the torsion-resistant aluminum chassis, the turntable and the S-shaped tonearm. Visually, subtle improvements have been made to give the 'GR2' even greater value.
The environmentally friendly packaging of the SL-1200GR2/SL-1210GR2 reduces the use of plastic while ensuring efficient transport protection. This is a step towards sustainability that Technics would like to expand to other product lines in the future.
Experience revolutionary sonic precision and an unparalleled musical experience with the Technics SL-1200GR2/SL-1210GR2 - a tribute to the past and a leap into the future of turntable design.
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Motor: Brushless DC motor
- Turntable Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- Pitch Adjustment Range: ±8% and ±16%
- Starting Torque: 2.2 kg/cm
- Build-up Characteristics: 0.7 s. from standstill to 33- 1/3 rpm
- Braking system: Electronic brake
- Wow and Flutter: 0.025% / W.R.M.S.
- Turntable Platter: Aluminum diecast, Diameter 332mm, Weight Approx. 2.5kg (Including a rubber sheet)
- Arm Height Adjustment Range: 0 - 6mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 - 4g (Direct Reading)
- Headshell weight: Approx. 7.6g
- Audio Output: PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1 / EARTH TERMINAL x 1
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 173 x 372 mm
- Weight: Approx. 11.5kg
- Dust cover
- EP record adaptor
- Balance weight
- Auxiliary weight
- Head shell
- Cartridge spacer
- Overhang gauge
- Screw set for cartridge
- PHONO cable
- PHONO earth lead
- AC power supply cord
- Owner's Manual