Technics SL-1200MK7 turntable
Guess who's back!
After the comeback of the SL-1210MK7 Direct Drive Turntable Technics now is releasing the new SL-1200MK7. The new model inherits the traditional design of the same series and maintains the same operating ease, while newly adding a coreless direct drive motor. It also features new DJ play functions, such as reverse playback.
Coreless Direct Drive Motor
For the SL-1200MK7, a new coreless direct drive motor was developed. This motor employs a coreless stator. The removal of the core (iron core) from the stator eliminated the root cause of cogging. Furthermore, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimised, thus achieving high-torque-performance equaling that of the SL-1200MK5.
Torque / Brake Speed Adjustment
The newest digital motor control technology, accumulated through the development of Blu-ray disc products, is applied to improve adjustment by allowing the torque and brake speed to be adjusted individually in four steps.
The pitch control function allows fine adjustment of the rotation speed within ±8% / ±16%. It does this through digital control, from positional detection of the slider to rotational control of the motor, eliminating the unnecessary DA conversion. This greatly improves tracking performance to achieve accurate and stable pitch adjustment.
High Sensitive Tonearm
The tonearm inherits the highly reliable static-balance universal S-shape tonearm. Using high-precision bearings, it achieves a high initial-motion sensitivity. This accurately tracks the groove on the record to assure excellent tracking performance even in harsh playing conditions such as scratching.
Power / Phono Cable Terminals
The power and phono cable terminals allow detachment of the cables. The phono terminals are gold-plated to minimise sound quality degradation. Since the terminals allow disconnection of the cables, maintenance of the cables is easier.
- Type: Direct Drive Manual Turntable
- Rotational speeds: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- Pitch range: ±8%, ±16%
- Starting torque: 1.8 kg/cm
- Start-up time: 0.7 s. from a standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
- Wow And Flutter: 0.025 % W.R.M.S.
- Turntable Platter: Aluminium diecast
- Platter Diameter : 332 mm
- Platter Weight : 1.8 kg (including slipmat and slipdisc)
- Tonearm type: Universal Static Balance
- Tonearm length: 230 mm
- Overhang: 15 mm
- Arm-height Adjustment Range: 0 - 6 mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 - 4g (direct scanning)
- Weight of headshell: 7.6g
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range ): 5.6 - 12.0 g
- Mains voltage: AC 110 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 11 W (Approx. 0.2 W standby)
- Weight: 9,6 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 169 x 353 mm
- Dust cover
- EP record adaptor
- Balance weight
- Head shell
- Screw set for cartridge
- PHONO cable
- PHONO earth lead
- AC power supply cord
- Owner's Manual