Ortofon 2M Mono Hi-fi cartridge
Ortofon 2M Mono
The 2M 78 is a true mono cartridges for playing mono vinyl records. It has a R 18µm Nude Spherical diamond that is an optimal solution for playing mono microgroove LP vinyl records.
It uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 4 mV
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-20.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance - 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/White
- Cartridge weight - 7,2 g
This brand new cartridge comes in an original Ortofon packaging.