Matched set of 2 Yamaha NS-10 speakers
Yamaha NS-10 (set)
This original NS-10M was intended for use as a hi-fi “bookshelf” speaker in homes. It became a popular nearfield studio monitor in the 1980’s, after it was adopted by the famous engineer, Bob Clearmountain.
- The sheet formed, straight sided white cone (as opposed to a molded or pressed cone) is aesthetically pleasing, instantly recognizable/iconic, as well as technically advantageous.
- It has a very fast response time (the time it takes to make a sound from an electronic signal), aided by the light weight bass/mid cone and the sealed box design.
- Precise mid-range.
- Extremely low distortion.
- Translates well – tracks mixed on them sound good on many other types of consumer speakers.
- Industry standard – because these speakers are in almost every studio on the planet, engineers and producers can go from one studio to the next and know how the monitors work.
- Bass driver: 18cm woofer JA1801 (JA180100)
- High driver: JA0518 soft dome tweeter
- Crossover frequency: 2Khz (12dB/octave)
- Frequency response: Max 85Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω
- Nominal power input: 25W
- Maximum power input: 50W
- SPL (sensitivity): 90 dB/m-W
- Dimensions: 382(H) x 215(W) x 199(D)mm / 15" x 8-1/2" x 7-4/5"
- Weight (per speaker): 6kg (13lbs 4oz)
- Placement: Verticle, bookshelf
These loudspeakers are used, but apart from some minor signs of use in excellent condition (actual photos) and technically in fully working order. This set comes with original grills and a digital copy of the manual.