Ortofon 2M Black PnP Hi-fi cartridge/headshell unit
Ortofon 2M Black PnP
The 2M Black Series is the MM flagship from Ortofon. It is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus – the same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Black is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
The PnP cartridge/headshell combo is a practical and elegant solution for people who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their S-shaped tonearm. The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour (body/stylus) - Black/Black
- Universal mount - fitting a wide range of S-shaped tonearms.
- Weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted - 20 g
- Length: - 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with the major part of tonearms with universal mount.
This brand new cartridge comes in an original Ortofon packaging.